O+ Festival is an organization dedicated to the exchange of medicine and art. Founded in Kingston, New York, chapters of O+ across America host annual festivals during which participating artists and musicians exhibit their talents in exchange for access to health and wellness services from art-loving, health professionals. Weaving together artists and musicians, health professionals, business owners and neighbors, O+ strengthens the fabric of the community, contributing to its overall wellness.
An O+ festival is being planned in Kingston for October 6-8, 2017. We are seeking a Volunteer Manager to recruit, schedule, manage and motivate a large group of volunteers prior to and throughout the festival. Together with each department and the Festival Producer, the Volunteer Manager ensures volunteers are available and adequately prepared for their shifts throughout the weekend.
This is a paid part-time position, estimated at approximately 260 hours from March–October 2017.
- March–June: Approximately 2 hours per week
- July–August: Approximately 6 hours per week
- September: Approximately 25 hours per week
- October: Approximately 80 hours
- Organize a “Call for Volunteers Campaign” before the festival
- Assess volunteer needs based on specific department needs
- Access and maintain the volunteer database
- Schedule volunteers into specific departments and positions prior to and during the festival
- Create and adhere to a timeline
- Become familiar with the ticketing system and volunteer messaging about donations for festival wristbands
- Organize general volunteer orientations prior to the event and oversee process for specific departmental orientations if needed
- Hand-in-hand with the Festival Producer, manage all volunteers during the festival and ensure all volunteer responsibilities are adequately covered
- Provide wrap-up report for debrief after festival, which involves gathering information about the number of volunteers and suggestions
- Must be available full time between October 6-8, 2017
- Must be able to attend monthly planning meetings from March–October
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in stressful situations
- Experience with volunteer management and/or event planning
- Experience working with and communicating with a team using a variety of technologies
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration and include a brief statement of your interest and related experience.