O+ Kingston seeks a Volunteer Manager to recruit, schedule, train and manage our fleet of volunteers, as well as working with core staff to implement the 10th festival of art, music and wellness Oct. 11-13, 2019. O+ is a community-driven event and runs on volunteer power; in 2018 we had 100+ volunteers working over the weekend to help facilitate all facets of the festival, from health + wellness offerings to musical performances to visitor services.
Reporting to the Festival Producer, the Volunteer Manager oversees all aspects of the volunteer management, and will work closely with the Festival Producer, the Box Office + Tech Manager, the Director of Communications and the Sponsorship Coordinator in the lead up and execution of the festival. Additionally, the Volunteer Manager is responsible for working with the Art, Music, Wellness, Explore, Parade, Expo, Cycling, Conference and Green Room committees to understand their needs and assist them in planning the festival schedule.
This is a seasonal part-time position, estimated at approximately 375 hours from March – October 2019:
- March – April: Approximately 5 hours per week
- May – June: Approximately 10 hours per week
- July – August: Approximately 12 hours per week
- September: Approximately 20 hours per week
- October: Approximately 80 hours or less
- Recruit volunteers using online tools, as well outreach via tabling opportunities
- Work with aforementioned various departments to assess volunteer needs based on specific department needs as they evolve
- Work with the Festival Producer to create a timeline and budget
- Work with Festival Producer and Box Office + Tech Manager to create best practices regarding user experience and Home Base / wristband sale protocols
- Work with Festival Producer to develop volunteer training protocol
- Work with Box Office + Tech Manager to facilitate volunteer trainings
- Schedule and oversee all volunteers during festival weekend
- Other related duties as assigned
- Must be available full time the first two weeks of October, 2019
- Must be able to attend monthly planning meetings from March – October
- Must be available to table at nearby events to recruit new volunteers
- Experience with staff management, scheduling and event planning
- Experience working with and communicating with a team
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in stressful situations
- Commitment to mission and vision of O+
This independent contractor role is compensated at $4,500.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, March 26, to be considered for this position.