O+ Kingston is recruiting for a Box Office + Tech Manager to systemize and manage our visitor experience and box office processes, train our fleet of volunteers and work closely with our core staff to implement the 10th festival of art, music and wellness, which takes place Oct. 11-13, 2019. O+ draws nearly 5,000 people during festival weekend, most of whom make a donation for a weekend wristband on site at O+ Home Base or at one of our many venues around the city.
Reporting to the Festival Producer, the Box Office + Tech Manager oversees all aspects box office management, and will work closely with our ticketing platform, the Festival Producer, the Volunteer Manager, the Director of Communications and the Sponsorship Coordinator in the lead up and execution of the festival.
This is a seasonal part-time position, estimated at approximately 280 hours from March – October 2019:
- March – April: Approximately 5 hours per week
- May – July: Approximately 10 hours per week
- August – September: Approximately 10-15 hours per week
- October: Approximately 40 hours or less
- Work with ticketing platform on advance ticket sales + protocols
- Work with the Festival Producer to create a timeline and budget
- Work with Festival Producer and Volunteer Manager to create best practices regarding user experience and Home Base / ticketing protocols
- Streamline merchandise sale systems, including advance and in-store sales
- Work with Volunteer Manager to facilitate volunteer trainings
- Other related duties as assigned
- Must be available full time the first two weeks of October, 2019
- Must be able to attend monthly planning meetings from March – October
- Must be tech-savvy and able to troubleshoot technical problems on the fly
- Experience with ticketing platforms and event planning; retail experience a plus
- Experience working with and communicating with a team
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in stressful situations
- Commitment to mission and vision of O+
This is independent contractor role is compensated at $3,000.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Tuesday, March 26, to be considered for this position.
Photo by Emily Roberts-Negron