O+ COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR POSITION
Launched in 2010 in Kingston, NY by a small group of artist-activists, doctors, and a dentist, O+ Festivals are weekend long events that bring muralists, musicians and performers, art shows, and movement workshops into a community. In exchange, these artists receive a variety of health services donated by doctors, dentists and complementary care providers at the O+ Wellness Clinic. Entering into its 12th year, O+ has developed to include year round programming, such as mural tours, education, and public health forums with intention to have more of a year round presence in the years to come. O+ builds resilient communities that emphasize the equally important roles of art, music, and wellness. Our values are radical, compassionate, creative and we aim to center these values in all we do.
What You'll Do
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and execute external online communications, including social media, emails, and our website
- Review and edit documents and projects for accuracy and O+ voice
- Coordinate and host the weekly O+ Radio Hour
- Help build and develop ongoing alumni relationships through amplifying their work
- Support program development when needed to effectively communicate externally
- Overseeing printed materials for programing, such as the mural map
- Be the liaison between O+ and our graphic designer/backend website manager
- Participate in the ongoing work of determining who O+ will be in the coming years
- Work with the development team on content for fundraising purposes
- Guide effective internal communications
- Handle public relations, fielding press inquiries
- Managing photo database
What You'll Bring
- Ability to think outside of the traditional non-profit box with interest in Just Transition principles and new economic systems
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication skills
- A proven facility with social media
- Astute judgement
- Ability to work well with others in a what is sometimes a high stress, fast paced environment
- Can work collaboratively both with a small team and with a diverse group of people
- Consistent follow through and are detail oriented
- Can swiftly prioritize and multitask
- Are someone who can work independently and also has a willingness to learn
- Enjoy identifying areas of improvement and thinking through solutions
- Competency with computers, technology, Google Suite, e-mail, Slack
- Cultural competency
More About the RO+le
O+ is considering models of shared leadership and your responsibilities may shift based on these discussions.
Part time considered, full time preferred. O+ recognizes that you may need flexibility in your work schedule and need to work from home at times. We are in the process of moving to a flat compensation model in which all staff members are compensated at the same hourly rate. This equates to approximately $58,240 for a full time position, or $28 an hour. Please note, salary negotiations won’t be a part of the hiring process as a result of this flat structure. This position includes paid time off, Sabbatical, and health benefits.
We believe that art, music, and wellness should be inclusive and accessible. O+ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to being an organization that is inclusive and equitable for all. This commitment aligns with our ongoing work to dismantle structures of racism and oppression within our organization and work, which we expect all team members to participate in. We actively seek applicants from many backgrounds, including but not limited to people with disabilities, BIPOC, LGBTQI+ people, formerly incarcerated people, Veterans, first- or second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Candidates should send a resume, a writing sample and an example of social media content, and a cover letter addressed to Holly Kelly by January 3, 2021. Please put “Communications Director” in the subject line and send it to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please let us know how the mission of O+ is reflected in your work or values, and what unique qualities you would bring to O+ as the Communications Director.