O+ DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS POSITION
Launched in 2010 in Kingston, NY by a small group of artist-activists, doctors, and a dentist, O+ Festivals are weekend long events that bring muralists, musicians and performers, art shows, and movement workshops into a community. In exchange, these artists receive a variety of health services donated by doctors, dentists and complementary care providers at the O+ Wellness Clinic. Entering into its 12th year, O+ has developed to include year round programming, such as mural tours, education, and public health forums with intention to have more of a year round presence in the years to come. O+ builds resilient communities that emphasize the equally important roles of art, music, and wellness. Our values are radical, compassionate, creative and we aim to center these values in all we do.
This position is the glue that holds our organization together.
What You'll Do
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Human Resources
- Oversee personnel contracts
- Inform and support employees regarding policies, procedures, and practices
- Be an expert in Human Resources compliance and policies
- Financial Management
- Oversee financial/accounting policies, practices, and necessary compliance including accounts payable, payroll, budgeting, and reporting
- Work with our Accountant and Finance Consultant to ensure accurate financial records are maintained
- Support Development Team with Fundraising Administration
- Oversee the tracking of data to support grant reporting
- Update financial information to CRM as donations and sponsorships come in
- Support planning for fundraising events and transaction management
- Send out donation acknowledgement letters in a timely fashion
- Office Management
- Maintain Office Supplies
- Office Cleaning as Per Covid Compliance
- Mail Pick Up
- Manage our GSuite- including user accounts
- Program Support
- Provide program support as necessary
- Radio show occasional guest hosting and admin
- Festival support with overseeing invoicing and contracts
- Obtain COIs and permitting for events
Please apply for this job If you have
- Ability to think outside of the traditional non-profit box, strategically and innovatively, with interest in Just Transition principles and new economic systems
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in what is at times a high stress, fast paced environment
- Can work collaboratively both with a small team and with a diverse group of people
- Consistent follow through and detail oriented
- Can swiftly prioritize and multitask
- Are someone who can work independently and also has a willingness to learn
- Enjoy identifying areas of improvement and thinking through solutions
- Competency with computers, technology, Google Suite, e-mail, Slack, CRM systems (we use EveryAction)
- Cultural competency
- Significant financial and budget management experience
- Knowledge of HR practices and policies
- A driver’s license
More About the RO+le
O+ is considering models of shared leadership and your responsibilities may shift based on these discussions.
This is a full time role. This is an in-office position in non pandemic times, though O+ recognizes that you may need flexibility in your work schedule and need to work from home at times. We currently work mostly remotely, though we do have an office and your role would necessitate work in the office sporadically. We are in the process of moving to a flat compensation model in which all staff members are compensated at the same hourly rate. This equates to approximately $58,240 for a full time position, or $28 an hour. Please note, salary negotiations won’t be a part of the hiring process as a result of this flat structure. This position includes a benefits package with paid time off, Sabbatical, and health benefits.
We believe that art, music, and wellness should be inclusive and accessible. O+ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to being an organization that is inclusive and equitable for all. This commitment aligns with our ongoing work to dismantle structures of racism and oppression within our organization and work, which we expect all team members to participate in. We actively seek applicants from many backgrounds, including but not limited to people with disabilities, BIPOC, LGBTQI+ people, formerly incarcerated people, Veterans, first- or second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Candidates should send a resume, a one page writing sample, and a cover letter addressed to Holly Kelly. Please put “Operations Director” in the subject line and send it to email@example.com by January 3, 2021. In your cover letter, please let us know how the mission of O+ is reflected in your work or values, and what unique qualities you would bring to O+ as the Operations Director.