O+ Festival is an organization dedicated to the exchange of medicine and art. Founded in Kingston, New York, chapters of O+ across America host annual art and music festivals where participating artists and musicians exhibit their talents in exchange for access to health and wellness services from art-loving, health professionals. Weaving together artists and musicians, health professionals, business owners and neighbors, O+ strengthens the fabric of the community, contributing to its overall wellness.
An O+ festival is being planned in Kingston for October 2017. We are seeking a Festival Producer to assist the Director of Operations in planning, managing and executing this year’s festival. Reporting to the Executive Director and Operations Director, the Festival Producer oversees all aspects of the festival, managing various committees and their progress, ensuring all production tasks of the festival are accounted for and carried out by each department. The Producer is responsible for working with the Art, Music and Health Committees to understand their needs and assist them in planning the Festival schedule. S/he works with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit additional human resources to facilitate execution of all festival activities including cycling, family, EXPLO+RE and EXPO+ programming. S/he manages the festival schedule and execution of all activities during festival.
This is a seasonal part-time position, estimated at approximately 396 hours from March–October 2017
● March – June: Approximately 5 hours per week
● July – August: Approximately 15-20 hours per week
● September: Approximately 25 hours per week
● October: Approximately 60 hours
● Attend and coordinate monthly or as needed team meetings for planning and resource management
● Work with various departments and Volunteer Coordinator to assess volunteer needs based on specific department needs
● Ensure all production needs are properly budgeted and staffed appropriately
● Create and adhere to a timeline
● Build and ensure all team members are adhering to festival plan and production timeline
● Hand-in-hand with the Volunteer Coordinator, manage all volunteers during the festival and ensure all volunteer responsibilities are adequately covered.
● Provide wrap-up report for debrief after festival
● Must be available full time between October 6-8, 2017
● Must be able to attend monthly planning meetings from March – October
● Ability to prioritize and delegate in stressful situations
● Experience with event planning
● Experience working with and communicating with a team
Please contact email@example.com for consideration and include a brief statement of your interest and related experience.