Provider bio: Established in 1995 and located in North Adams at 99 Hospital Ave, Suite 208 on the Northern Berkshire campus of Berkshire Medical Center, Ecu-Health Care, Inc. is a private non-profit organization whose mission is to help the uninsured and under-insured residents of northern Berkshire County access affordable health coverage and health care. We are a staff of four including three health coverage counselors and an office manager. Ecu-Health Care is the designated outreach and enrollment site in northern Berkshire County for all of the Massachusetts health programs.
Program services include providing one-on-one case management and application assistance to area residents when applying for the following programs:
- Comprehensive health coverage programs available for income-eligible individuals and families.
- Massachusetts Health Connector programs including ConnectorCare and all Qualified Health Plans implemented under national health reform
- Comprehensive health insurance plans offered through the Massachusetts Health Connector for individuals under 400% of the federal poverty level who do not have access to other affordable health insurance and for those over 400% of the federal poverty level looking to shop for unsubsidized health plans.
- The Health Safety Net
- The Health Safety Net (HSN) pays acute care hospitals and community health centers for essential health care services provided to uninsured and underinsured Massachusetts residents. Residents may be eligible for Full or Partial HSN based upon income.
- The Children’s Medical Security Plan
- A health-insurance program that provides certain uninsured children and adolescents with primary and preventive medical and dental coverage.
- SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Everyone)
- Counseling services to Medicare beneficiaries including Medicare Part D, Prescription Advantage and Medicare Premium Assistance programs (Masshealth Buy-in).